Monday, March 27, 2006

Dreaming

Science tells us that everyone dreams when they sleep, yet some claim, likely true, but not verifiable by me, to never to remember their dreams. Those who do remember their dreams may not remember them at every waking. Yet, weather nor not we remember our dreams is not my query, what I want to know is: how long do you remember your dreams? Just for a few moments when you awake? Longer? Perhaps all day or even a week? I would guess that for most of us who remember our dreams, remember some of our dreams for longer periods of time and some for just a fleeting moment. But what is the longest you have ever remembered a dream? More than a year?

Well I remember a dream that I had almost forty years ago. In fact this particular dream was noteworthy even at the time that I had it in its extremely long length, continuity and the fact that I had it two nights in a row. The second night started with a recap of the first night's dream and then continued on from where it left off. So after eight Presidents, and counting, I still remember this dream, and now looking back seems to have presented me with a allegory of an aspect of my life.

So I ask again, what is the longest you have ever remembered a dream?

Ursus Demens

No comments: