Friday, September 02, 2005

One hell of a week.

The week started off with me having a very nasty bout with the flu. I finally recovered and was feeling well enough to attend the inaugural meeting of the Southern California Sibelius User meeting, and what do I do? I twist a knee in the parking lot. My wife is not happy. Do you know what she said to me when I got home? “What’s next?”, over and over again, “What’s next?”. But then she made me a little something to eat before I took my shower.

The Sibelius User Group meeting was interesting. They had a demo of Sibelius 4, leaned a few more tricks. The real bit of insight that I came away with is that other than not knowing anyone there (most everyone else seem to know at least two or three others there), I have very little in common with other composers.

Earlier today I was checking on the stats of views of my scores on Sibelius Music and found that my piece Single Malt has been ignored this week. Every other piece had at least one visit, but poor old Single Malt was left all alone. So hoist a small dram this weekend in honor of Single Malt. It is another one of my various modal jazz tunes. Single Malt is in 9/4 time divided 3+2+2+2 and is scored for Vibraphone, Piano, Bass, Drums and Conga. It was the Musical Blog Piece for the Week of March 6th, 2005 Anno Domini. March 2005 Anno Domini Archive

Ursus Demens

No comments: