Friday, September 16, 2005

Soul Catcher

Well where does the week go? Last I looked it was Monday afternoon. Time does seem to fly when you are having fun at work. [For the humor impaired that last statement was meant to be sarcastic.] Umi is still available. The plan it to take it down early next week when I do some house cleaning on my Sibelius Music Home Page

This week I have spent what little composing time that I have had working on a concerto for Trombone and Jazz Band. The current plan is to write three movements. I am currently working on the first movement which has a tentative title of Soul Catcher. The piece starts in a moderate 7/4 and then moves into a fast 7/4 minor blues with a bridge. But it is a long way from finished. I do have some very very preliminary ideas for the second movement tentatively titled The Lady. I have no ideas for the final third movement, but I have a tentative title in mind, but I will let you all guess what it is.

I would love to hear from you all, but if all you are doing is trying to get me to go to your site do not bother. But if you want to talk about music or music composition please leave me a comment.

Ursus Demens

No comments: