Thursday, May 25, 2006

Staying focused

Well I did not have a lot of time last night, but what time I did have (along with a little bout of insomnia) I used productively and stayed focused on my rendering/recording/mix of Ultra Dry. I reworked the transition from the solos aback to the head, add 16 more bars to the piece where the piano gets just a little bit of solo space. So I am now happy with the overall form, structure, shape and length of the piece. Now I need to dig down and work on the details. I start that this morning by “breaking apart” the drum so that they cymbals, snare drum, and bass drums are now all on their own channel this in preparation of mixing so that they each can be mix and equalized separately.

Most details have been decided on.

  1. Should I add a hand drum (conga) part. No.

  2. Should I play the full head after the solos. [Most likely no] No.

  3. Should I have the Piano and or the Guitar take a solo chorus. Piano now has half a chorus.

  4. Should I have a percussion vamp/soli before playing the out head. No.

  5. Electric Piano or Acoustic Piano. No Decision Yet, but leaning towards the electric.




Ursus Demens

No comments: