Thursday, May 04, 2006

Numbers

My life is slowly becoming full of numbers. When I was younger, in fact until I started university the only number I need to know was my home phone number, for 18 years all I need to know was one seven digit number, in those days all of Los Angeles county had one area code, no need to even know the area code. Then I went to university, while I still live at home, I now had my own phone, so I need to know two phone numbers, 14 digits, no make that three numbers (my girl friends home phone, 21 digits. I also need to know my SSN and my student id number, 17 more digits that I had to know. But then my area code changed, but not too bad, only two area codes for the LA area, I can handle that.

Skipping ahead, now day how many numbers do I need to know? My home phone, my parents home phone, their cell phone, my wife's cell phone, my daughter's cell phone, my sister's home, cell and fax numbers (and area codes), my cell phone, my work phone. If you are counting that is 100 digits I now need to know, and we have not even talked about PINS, and IP address and Port numbers that I have to remember.

Even in music I have to deal with ii V7 I!

My life is slowly becoming full of numbers.

55 72 73 75 73 20 44 65 6D 65 6E 73

No comments: