Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Neglected Scores of the Week.



Notes to Meditation on the Sierpinski Tetrahedron:


  • Best experienced with eyes closed in a dark and cool room.

  • The experiment continues. I have begun working on a realization of this piece and hope to have an MP3 recording available before spring 2006. Stay tuned.

    • [Now we can only hope to have it finished before the end of the summer of 2006 Anno Domini

  • Revised version uploaded on Nov 6.

  • This is a work in progress so many changes are planned for this piece but have not been implemented yet. Most of the current changes are in the first two minutes of the piece.

  • Updated Score upload Nov. 22, 2004 Anno Domini.

  • This an experiment, and thus is it slowly evolving.

  • The harmonic "language" that I am using is too, too static and even weak, something I am trying to work through. And, I think while I am using various "poly-rhythms" (if that is the right word) they suffer from all lining up on the down beat, that is to say the bar line is too much in your face (ear) all of the time.

  • I feel that I have a idea here that is worthwhile, but I think that my "vision" is bigger than the tools that I have at my disposal. I am working on making pan an active part of the piece, but the tool that I have limits me to stereo effects, but I hear in my head a surround sound presentation of the material, well maybe someday I will have all of the tools that I need to realize what I am trying.

  • Thank you for your support and time.


Ursus Demens, May the 24th, 2006 Anno Domini

No comments: