Thursday, December 16, 2004

Musical Blog of the Week

Inspired by an idea my fellow composer Andy Meisenheimer I have decided to try to do a musical Blog each week. That is each week I will try to write a short piece of music and post it for the world to see. These Blog pieces will be in addition to any other pieces that I am working on, but are an exercise in composition. Most will explore one or two compositional and or notational ideas.

My first Blog piece, for the week of December 12th, 2004 Anno Domini, is Paper Crane. This piece is one of my “simple” piano pieces. It is in a simple AABA form with seven against three rhythms, with the “A” section making use of a whole tone scale and the contrasting “B” section using a pentatonic scale.

I have also make some minor changes to my piano piece Insomnia

Insomnia,
Insanity,
or
Nightmare.
It is all in your head.


No comments: