Tuesday, December 28, 2004

20,000 Songs Fall Silent

Well I have been keeping up with my weekly Musical Blog writing but I never did get around to posting a link to last week's piece so here it is:
Dancing Up The Morning Sun
this is piece for three un-pitched percussion players. Please take a listen to the MP3 files as it has timbre nuances that GM (General MIDI) can not produce.

This week's musical Blog I wrote last night is called 22,000 Songs Fall Silent If I had written the piece this morning I would have called it 33,000 Songs Fall Silent. I am undecided if I should update the title. The MP3 file has a better balance between the three instruments (Xylophone, Marimba, and Vibraphone). It is a short one minute miniature, I think of it as a musical haiku in 11/8 time.

Take Care,
Ursus Demens

No comments: