Thursday, August 13, 2009

Killer Joe and Things

Last night I got a lot of work done on “The Red Dress”. The big thing that got done was I made a minor tweak to one of the transitions that was working OK, but was not quite there, I added just a little bit to it (just a single note actually) and now it works really well.

I also made a preliminary recording of it which I dumped onto my MP3 player. So the piece is pretty much complete with just minor details to work out.

There are two decisions left to make about the piece:

  • Which of two endings to use.
  • What should I title the piece as.
I am only about 80 percent happy with the current title of “The Red Dress” and the variation “Her Red Dress”. I would have to say that the piece owes some of its inspiration to such classic Jazz tunes as “So What” and “Killer Joe”, with perhaps a very small dash of “City of Glass” thrown in. So I am looking for a title to reflect its ancestry; a bit dark, a bit edgy late at night, give me another Scotch sort of title.









No comments: