Friday, May 19, 2006

Less Than Stellar

Well my week has been less than stellar. My back went out in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, an old disk problem that resurfaces occasionally, which put me out of action for two days. While I am back I am still moving very gingerly. Although I took the two days off from work, since I could hardly walk, I was unable to get any work done on any of my music. Pain, intense pain, just sucks all the concentration and thinking power of your brain. All one can do is sit, or lie, there as the waves of pain flow through you while you wait for it to pass.

I am pretty happy with my latest mix of What Ever So I am now left with the dilemma of what to work on next. I have started several projects, but I am can not seem to concentrate on just one of them. My current projects include recording/rendering several of my jazz pieces, (Backstroking in the Lake of Fire , "A short cruise through the semi-abandoned side streets and alleys of L.A during the wee hours of a hot mid-summer's night", Cat Juice, and Super Dry [Big Band]). I have also been working on a new jazz piece for five saxes and rhythm section (currently without a working title) and revisiting my march The Wild Cats. So once more I am making little progress as I am scattering my efforts over too many projects and this is one of the reasons I have been lax in posting.


Take care.

Ursus Demens

No comments: