Friday, October 21, 2005

Naked Lady

Well another week has flown by without me getting around to updating this here Blog.

Well the configuring of the new system is going well it is about 90 percent done and I am using it quite a bit. I am pretty much very happy with it. Just need to finish install all of my software and moving files from the old computers. The only problem I see now is that it is so fast that my wife wants to use it all of the time.

I have started to sketch out the second movement to my
Concerto For Trombone. The first movement Soul Catcher is on SibeliusMusic for listening. But ...

I have gotten side tracked working on a variation on an early piece of mine called Nagoy Devotchka This is a five part fugue that I originally wrote for string orchestra when I was a sophomore at university. I re-orchestrated it for Synthesizer (and double the tempo) when I was in putting it into Sibelius back in 2001 Anno Domini. I am currently working on two more versions of the piece.

The first version simply adds drums and Latin percussion to the current synthesizer version.

The second version (and the one I am actively working of this week) goes back to the original orchestration of a sting orchestra, but the tempo is radically slowed to a fraction of the current and original tempo. The original tempo was about eight note = 196 BPM, the current version that is double at eight note = 392 BPM the newest radically slow temp the eight note is only 30 BPM. So what is currently a three minute piece becomes a 36 minute wash of very slowly changing notes.

Although the two pieces will share 99.99 percent of the same notes, they are so radically different in their listening experience I will give the new slow piece a new name. Do not know what it will be yet. AS just for the record I considered making the piece as slow as 15 BPM!

Ursus Demens

No comments: